Smalls make next to skin active-wear and loungewear from super soft merino wool for kids. Their clothes are super soft, warm, natural, stylish and practical and focus on quality and longevity. The designs are simple but they are cut to perfection. If only they came in my size...
Here are what the founders Emma & Cat want ius to know about their brand:
NAME OF BRAND/COMPANY: Smalls (Love My Smalls ltd)
DATE IT WAS FOUNDED: Launched with Selfridges July 2014
BY WHOM IT WAS FOUNDED: Emma-Jane Adam & Catriona Pharo
WHY WAS IT CREATED: A desperate need for supersoft merino over any thing else! We discussed together for years about the lack of any high quality stylish merino “next-to-skin” wear for children in the UK (for older children in particular). Our children were getting bigger but the bodywear wasn't, and the winters just seemed to be getting colder! The kiddies all wear acrylic uniforms and Max (11) has to wear shorts to school during the winter! Desperation set in and after years of discussion, over a glass (or two) of wine we decided to take the plunge and create our own. In addition to solving our own problem, we both independently felt a strong need to create our own business, something to give us independence, each of us with our own definition of what that meant. As a stay at home mother (Em), you question your choices all the time, exactly as you do as a working Mum (Cat). We are both trying to create something that will give us a balance of work/career fulfilment and family …not sure if it exists but were giving it a go!
WHAT WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT YOUR BRAND:
5 BIG Reasons to love Smalls
- Thermo Genius – cool when it’s hot warm when its cold, naturally regulates body temperature, year round.
- Tough cookie – wear them lots, machine wash whenever. Merino wont fade shrink or pill, Smalls are naturally antibacterial, so never get smelly.
- Skin Loving, Smalls wont irritate the skin. Our antistatic fibres repel dusts, which can cause allergies and asthma. Merino is breathable, keeping skin dry and less prone to eczema.
- Designed in Great Britain for great British kids – made to wear everyday with everything, whatever the weather.
- All the toasty without the bulky – merino traps your own body heat in millions of tiny air pockets. Less layers more warmth and more freedom of movement.
WHAT WE SHOULD BUY FROM YOU: Everything! In all seriousness, a Smalls tank is the perfect everyday layer beneath a school uniform. A raglan T is as happy on the ski slopes as it is the beach and a Smalls long sleeve is the ultimate base layer for everything in winter and a lightweight jumper for Summer. Our Cami is designed to be worn on its own, or as the perfect super soft layer under a dress. Smalls 24hr trousers work perfectly with all of the above to create the ultimate loungewear/sleepwear/activewear outfit. The best bit is that you can get out of bed, and then wear them all day too! (and with an ignenious roll down cuff they will last you two years growth)