"Athleisure is a trend in fashion in which clothing designed for workouts and other athletic activities is worn in other settings, such as during work, casual or social occasions." Wikipedia
There are many good things about the Athleisure trend and why you should embrace it, here are a few:
- It is so comfortable
- You can move in all directions at all times without having to worry about exposing yourself
- The use of more technical fabrics mean the clothes are designed to be durable, washable and breathable
- You'll feel fitter wearing it even if you haven't actually worked out (you will also be perceived as fitter by other people)
- It is stretchy
- If you do decide to spontaneously do some exercise (or if you simply need to run for a train) you will be ready
- Life is busy and these clothes are good for busy people
LK Bennett have recently launched their Athleisure collection - and from personal experience I can tell you that these leggings are one of the most comfortable things i've ever worn. They are flattering, stylish and the wide waist band means that they fit smoothly around your middle. I'm wearing them with a very cool 2 tone cashmere jumper and white trainers, but they'd also look good with a t-shirt or shirt and biker or bomber jacket.
I think the key to perfecting the perfect Athleisure outfit it to team smart and casual / sporty and lux. For example leggings and cashmere or a floaty dress with trainers depending on what you are doing. I am a big fan of wearing trainers and flat shoes with smart things, so this is a trend that is good for me.
The other thing I think is important with this trend is to wear it with confidence - you do not want to feel like you are in your gym clothes because you haven't had time to change you want to be wearing them for a reason and the reason is because they are the perfect outfit for your busy life!
Reilly White Leather Trainers £150 / Ditas Black Silk Viscose Dress £325
This post is kindly sponsored by LK Bennett. All thoughts, ideas and outfit choices are entirely my own.