THE MUM COAT
Every year at around this time a whole load of women (many of whom are mums on maternity leave) start searching for their 'Mum Coat'.
The Mum Coat you think might be easy to find but there is certain criteria that it needs to fulfil to qualify as an option:
- It must be waterproof - if you are pushing a pram it is not an option to hold an umbrella
- It needs to have a cosy hood
- Ideally it will cover the tops of your legs and bum, so these areas don't get wet in the rain or cold in the snow
- It has to be practical - good pockets, wipeable/washable
- You have to love it (because you will spend a lot of time wearing it)
If you are pregnant this winter another option could be to look for a cape or go for your usual sized mum coat and invest in a big cosy scarf to keep the bump warm.
Burton Snowboards £220
Here are a few other options that i've spotted: