HOW I ROLL - IN THE MORNING!
I never used to be a morning person - I used to struggle so much to get up, with leaving the cosy soft nest of bed and I would hit the snooze button until the absolute last minute. Then, the kid(s) came along, who as it happens LOVE mornings and so I was left with no option but to get up, get used to it and get on with it.
But i've changed (at first admittedly it was a forced changed) and now I quite like mornings. I have come to enjoy my routine and feel like i'm at a stage in my life that I know what is good for me, what I can practically achieve and what it is that I need to do to set me up for the day.
However I am also realistic - I live in London, with 2 young kids to get ready, with a husband who usually needs me to help find stuff (wallet/phone), I work for myself and time is of the essence and mornings can get hectic. So what I am about to suggest are a few practical, achievable, quick and common sense reminders for the morning, that work for me to make me feel confident and ready to face the day:
- Have a glass of water - first thing I do when I come into the kitchen in the morning is to have a glass of water. We are adviced to drink 1-2 litres of water throughout the day, which when you are busy is easy to forget so having one first thing is a good start.
- I always try to have healthy, filling breakfast - this makes such a difference to me, without breakfast I don't function and concentrate as well I as should, plus I get ravenous (and therefore end up snacking) at about 4pm.
- I always make time for a shower (I love a shower!) I love the feeling of being clean and how the water wakes me up. I also use this time to think about what I am going to wear and what I want to achieve with my day.
- Apply body lotion and moisturiser this is something I do everyday. I am not getting any younger so am committed to looking after my skin.
- I apply Soft & Gentle 0% Aluminium Anti-Perspirant Roll On everyday regardless of what i'm doing or what the weather is like. It is important to me to use a product whose performance I can rely on, that is kind to my skin and that I can trust. Plus because it is a dermatologically tested formula I know that it is suitable for (my) sensitive skin.
- Wear a an outfit I love and feel good in - without a doubt what I wear can have an effect on my day. If I wear something I love, that I feel good in, I will intern feel confident and project that throughout my day.
- Put on a bit of makeup - I love makeup, I enjoy putting it on and I like how it wakes up my face. It gives me confidence and I often use the 'a bright lip detracts from a tired eye' method.
- And then I hold my head up high and take what the day brings with a smile and positive attitude and get ready to roll with real life and the important things.
And then it's most probably the afternoon and I have a whole new set of tips up my sleeve...
This post was kindly sponsored by Soft & Gentle 0% Aluminium Anti-Perspirant Roll On which is available from the 19th February from Boots.com and which is a product I love, trust and wear everyday.